Scrumptious Semiya - The Sweet Edition
Not every Indian dessert involves hours of slaving with sweaty brows and achy arms to condense milk, measure ghee by the brimful cup, and scrub a pile of dishes in the sink. Take a crack at Meethi Semiya, an ideal breakfast sweet, that goes from kadhai to katori in a twinkling and appeases both - the stressed cooks and their sweet-toothed crew. An elegant confection for our Scrumptious Semiya - Sweet Edition..
Meethi Semiya(Serves 4)
- Heat the ghee in a saucepan and fry the cashews until golden. Add in the raisins and after a few seconds, drain and keep the cashews and raisins aside. In the remaining ghee, add the vermicelli and fry, stirring continuously, until golden.
- Add the boiling water to the pan and allow the vermicelli to cook. Once the noodles are tender, add the sugar, cardamom and saffron. Stir gently until the sugar is dissolved. Mix in the cashews and raisins and serve hot.
- Out of vermicelli? Use thin angel hair pasta instead. Add more boiling water to the pot if needed.
- The semiya will be fairly dry. Add a little more water while cooking if you would like a gooey consistency.
- Use a flavorless oil instead of the ghee for a delicious vegan version.
Our Meethi Semiya are being shared with -