Berry Lemony Wonder Bars
When you're feeling the berry love, you can't wait to share it with your very best buds. Touted as the perfect confections for sneaking into a movie theatre on Tadka girls' night out, we found that these Berry Lemony Wonder Bars added their own sweet-tart interjections to the drama playing out on the big screen. There's not much that can go wrong with a gooey lemon-blueberry-ginger filling on a buttery coconut crust, as you too will find when you bite into one..
Blueberry Lemon Bars
For the Crust -
For the Filling -
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease the bottom of an 8" square pan and line with parchment.
- To make the crust - Place the flour and coconut flour (if using) in the bowl of a food processor along with the sugar and salt. Process briefly. Cut the butter into pieces and add it to the mix. Pulse until the butter is broken down, but the dough should stay crumbly and not roll into a ball. Turn the dough into the prepared baking pan and press down with a flat-bottomed cup. Ensure that the corners are pressed well. Bake for about 18 minutes until very lightly browned.
- To make the filling - While the crust is baking, crack the eggs into a medium bowl. Add all the other filling ingredients except the blueberries. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the filling over the hot crust. Scatter the blueberries all over the filling. Bake for about 30-35 minutes until the filling is no longer jiggly. Cool completely, and refrigerate for a while for your slices to have neater edges. Cut carefully into squares or rectangular bars.
- Dust the pieces liberally with confectioner's sugar before serving.
These bars were made to be shared, we're sending them over to the Hearth & Soul Blog Hop